· Peter Shannon 3 weeks

View Thread: VCStarter v1.6: Graphical improvements
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 4 ratings)  
 Print Thread
VCStarter v1.6: Graphical improvements
apfelbaum
Yeees, i must confirm the fps limit rose on my heavy maps by around 3-4 times.

so GREAT!!!!

Scree
Thank you for your work on this great game, Brchi! Here some more screenshots showing us a very poor draw distance. First Mafia had the same problem, but someone fixed that with a mod, maybe you could make something with it.
Scree attached the following images:

[1.07 MB]

[1.42 MB]

[1.5 MB]

Edited by Scree on 28-01-2016 16:49

Nosek
It's time for testing! Smile
Will post results here soon.

Edit: First results with as crappy setup as I can get. It's Intel Core i3 2330M (2.2 GHz) with Intel HD Graphics 3000, 6 GB RAM, Win 10.
Halong Port - looking at the scenery from short pier.

VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - avg. 28 FPS
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA off - avg. 35 FPS

VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - avg. 55 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA off - avg. 78 FPS !!!

And same scenery in Halong-V1.9, much more demanding, not optimized.

VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - avg. 18 FPS
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA off - avg. 21 FPS

VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - avg. 39 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA off - avg. 50 FPS !!!

I'm impressed APPLAUSE. Awesome results for crappy IGPU!

Edit 2: Same setup, now using nVidia GeForce GT 630M. MSAA doesn't make much of a difference with this GPU, so I kept it on...

Halong Port
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - 40 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - 114 FPS

Halong-V1.9
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - 28 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - 61 FPS

Edit 3: AMD FX-6300 (3.5 GHz), 8 GB RAM, GTX 950 OC, Windows 7. Playing in FullHD!

Halong Port
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - 84 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - 189 FPS

Halong-V1.9
VCStarter v 1.65.1, MSAA on - 53 FPS
VCStarter v 1.7 BETA, MSAA on - 124 FPS

No problems found so far.
Edited by Nosek on 28-01-2016 20:48
  x 1  x 1  x 1

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
xhc
Nosek wrote:
.. using nVidia GeForce GT 630M. MSAA doesn't make much of a difference with this GPU, so I kept it on...

my test was with nVidia GeForce 610M ...try nvidia control panel Wink

dustglas:
1.65.1 - 115 fps
1.7 b - 440 fps lol
Edited by xhc on 28-01-2016 20:49

http://moddb.com/members/xhc
Brchi
@Nosek
Niiice to see such results.

There are some restrictions/limits becoming active though with hardware vertexprocessing (VP) (the changes I made).
I'm mostly concerned about the "MaxActiveLights" capability which is now device dependent (only 10 for my GPU) and not unlimited anymore as with software VP.
But maybe, if more lights are active in a scene, they will be calculated by the CPU then and not be invisible or cause crashes..
I don't know, needs further testing.

@Scree
I'm afraid increasing the scene visibility (draw distance) would equal a cheat :/

http://www.myCong.net
Scree
Brchi a cheat? Damn, what a shame. You know what is funny? I only play this game in single player mode. I never touched a multiplayer. )

420Ninjutsu
Scree wrote:
Brchi a cheat? Damn, what a shame. You know what is funny? I only play this game in single player mode. I never touched a multiplayer. )

thats good . never play multiplayer . because there are a bunch of cheaters on multi !

although , i suspect NPCs on single player use wall hacks .

Intruder
Brchi wrote:

@Intruder
Could you give me an example of the improper player equipment LODs, like how to reproduce it? Because I wasn't able to. For me, it seems to look just fine.

Well, I can't really be more precise or give more examples because my VC editor isn't installed for the moment but I guess the visual bug exists for almost all the "hats", as soon as their LODs aren't at the maximum if the characters' heads are... I tried to make screenshots but it's more evident to notice them "live" and with the higher resolutions available now.
I was playing with my mate (Bronson's character) and thought: "Hummm, what are those black spots on his hat?". I realised it was his head showing through the hat because the LOD was "lower"... Once I was closer, the hat was matching his head correctly because its LODs was at the maximum again.
Since then, I think to remember to have seen the same problem with some vc hats aswell.
Here are 2 screenshots with Nhut's hat:

I also add 2 more screenshots showing another visual bug I noticed with the later version of VCStarter (the last 2 ones?).
I noticed that the bug was also present with the river water of the Stream map (more noticeable close the bigger fall in the middle of the map). The water is "flickering"...
You can check those bugs on my FA_MineFactory and VC_Stream maps, both in Discovery mode to haven't the bots on the maps.

Finally, I suggest to have an option to avoid that the dead vc bots disappear from the ground at long distance because once we aim, we can see them "poping" again. That "bug" appears on maps like FrenchRoute_A or my Intrusion map (at the start).

Thanks for your hard work! APPLAUSE

Intruder
Intruder attached the following images:

[831.25 kB]

[858.49 kB]

[853.18 kB]

[867.48 kB]

Edited by Intruder on 05-02-2016 13:11
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png
  x 1  x 1

apfelbaum
Your waterbug occurs cause the terrain and the water share the same polygonpositions on this spot. you can only fix this by moving eg. the terrainpolygons slightly lower.

it's not a problem of the z-buffer that has already been increased with vcstarter, you pc simply doesn't know which polygon it should draw in front of the other.

Intruder
apfelbaum wrote:
Your waterbug occurs cause the terrain and the water share the same polygonpositions on this spot. you can only fix this by moving eg. the terrainpolygons slightly lower.

But that bug wasn't there before, and "those maps" haven't been modified...

it's not a problem of the z-buffer that has already been increased with vcstarter, you pc simply doesn't know which polygon it should draw in front of the other.

It's strange, because when I disable the "Z-fighting" option, the visual bug of the water surface disappears...

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 05-02-2016 16:39
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Brchi
Ah now I see, will try to fix it.

I also realized some new flickering with the "fix z-fighting" option.
I guess this is because all the maps were created with the default settings, where it looked fine at near distances.
I'll try a few things to improve the depth buffer further, otherwise it may become a map-dependent option..

http://www.myCong.net
Vicinski
Hey,
very nice improvements there. I like the 1.7beta - runs like a charm.

Very cool you solved the "shadow issue" Brchi APPLAUSE
Almost thought you gave up on that one Smile

I can confirm that the FPS has increased on all maps. Tho, it feels like the loading times have increased slightly, but not a big deal.
About the flickering water: Stream and Waterfall look fine on my machine, couldn't find any graphical glitches there. Since it now runs via hardware processing, things might be more sensitive to driver options. Maybe try adjust some settings in Nvidia control panel/ATI Catalyst Center (just guessing).

Greetings

evgen
Why many maps strong jumps FPS ? for example this (TRR) Arroyo_fog.
SignatureПока у Русского солдата есть спички, пули, самогон - сосите х.. солдаты НАТО, дрожи от страха Пентагон!!!
VC

xhc
I am not sure, but probably it comes with new nvidia driver update 372.54 win 8.1 64bit

when using 1.65.1 == no issue

screens with 1.7BETA (as we can see, depends where is player aiming)
xhc attached the following images:

[240.87 kB]

[211.76 kB]

[252.03 kB]

[231.22 kB]

[232.48 kB]

[202.07 kB]

x 1  x 1

http://moddb.com/members/xhc
Confused Master
I just tested if the new VCStarter enables me to finally use the ENB Shader Mod that LDC-78 adapted for Vietcong.
That thing contains a d3d8.dll but the VCStarter changes the game to d3d9, right?
So i went to the official ENBSeries website and got me something for d3d9 and kaboom - it wörx! http://enbdev.com..._v0076.htm
I don't know if i want to spend my time testing different ENBSeries-versions, but its quite probable theres another one working even better.
Just wanted to let you know. :-)
Edited by Confused Master on 02-09-2016 01:05
  x 2  x 2

http://www.teamplay-community.de
420Ninjutsu
VC starter 1.7 is so awesome . I wonder which genius made it !?
  x 1  x 1

Melber
Hello there was a problem with AI. When she gets stuck in normal walking and does not want to go on the same way. But on (Win 7 32bit ) it's ok. But on (Win 7 64bit or Win10) with VCStarter is stuck. Is there a solution?

YouTube Video

video -> https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be <- video
  x 1  x 1

https://twitter.com/ShenlorWrathful
420Ninjutsu
wow , its so strange . never thought Vc starter affects in-game NPC behavior .. and i think she is he ?

Intruder
Melber wrote:
Hello there was a problem with AI. When she gets stuck in normal walking and does not want to go on the same way. But on (Win 7 32bit ) it's ok. But on (Win 7 64bit or Win10) with VCStarter is stuck. Is there a solution?

Hi,

If you open the VCStarter program, there is an option to "tick and set": Limit FPS to fix stuck bug (recommended max : 120). I have no idea if it's related to your problem because I never got such a bug but you should try...

Good luck!

Intruder

420Ninjutsu
well and im glad to hear someone still play single player on VC . because i completed all missions on vc ...

Jump to Forum: