· Peter Shannon 3 weeks

View Thread: VCStarter v1.6: Graphical improvements
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 4 ratings)  
 Print Thread
VCStarter v1.6: Graphical improvements
sonic
I had similar problem (with pathfinding), mostly in mission Papa Oscar Whiskey (Válečný zajatec), where AI keeps going forward and back (always happens to Nhut at point where we have to kill 2 guards above the village). I can not say if it is Vietcong, VCStarter or Wine issue.
SignatureAnyone who run, is a VC. Anyone who stand still, is a well disciplined VC.
-Door Gunner

https://github.com/sonicpp
sonic
As Brchi warned us in his last message, VCG_Freddy noticed that VCStarter and VCGuard links are dead. Since both VCStarter files (1.7 + 1.65) are missing in the download section, it would be great if someone could upload them there (I can upload it on moddb.com for example, but I think it would be nice to have it also here). Unfortunatelly, I dont have any of those VCGuard 12.1b files...
SignatureAnyone who run, is a VC. Anyone who stand still, is a well disciplined VC.
-Door Gunner
  x 1  x 1

https://github.com/sonicpp
Intruder
Thank you for the report sonic! Smile

I've uploaded the 2 main files in our Downloads section (Tools) and linked them also to the first Brchi's post.

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 28-05-2018 08:49
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png
  x 1  x 1  x 1

Nosek
Fortunately I do have the latest VCGuard 12.1 BETA version files. I attached the dpnhpast.dll file which is the tool itself. VCGuard.ini with proper options is required as well!

The following is the complete content of VCGuard.ini with instructions by Brchi and additional description by me.
Most options are left unchanged with the exception of "queryip". When I set it to 46.28.109.117 (Vietcong1.eu master server) the server displayed error message and wouldn't start up.
Spoiler:
Download source  Code

// VCGuard Final v12.1 BETA by Brchi
// !!! EXPERIMENTAL TOOL !!!
// www.TheArchiFamily.com
// Contact: admin@thearchifamily.com
// Also visit www.Vietcong.info

// DESCRIPTION
// DOESN'T (cannot) work against all cheats!
// Many bug/crash-fixes and added features.
// To send a command by an external program,
// send IDOK to the focused edit box (equaling enter).

// INSTALL
// Put all files into the Vietcong directory.
// (At least this file, dpnhpast, msvcp120 and msvcr120).
// Better not use any modded dlls or exes.
// Modify the options below to your needs.
// Start the server normally by the original vcded.exe (Can be renamed).
// It will load dpnhpast.dll, which is the vcguard program.
// Only for Vietcong v1.6, Win XP and newer, 32/64.

// ATTENTION
// Don't set a server password when starting up, set it afterwards or the server won't start up.
// Doesn't work with HradBa, so keep it disabled.

// USAGE
// Commands are entered either into the server console (editbox) or via ingame chat (not the F12 ingame console!).
// They always begin with a dot (.command). Some options can be changed by commands. Use the .help command to list them.
// If you want to use the .slots command, be sure to set max. players to 64 in launcher/dedfile.
// Don't modify the banlist/rangelist.txt files while the server is running. Instead, use the proper commands to modify.
// Playerlist columns can be sorted.

// TIPS
// Set the loopsleep option to gain about 100 Server FPS (9ms for example), causes less cpu usage and the gaming performance is still fine.
// There is a "ctf schedule", means respawn time according to number of players. Check the sample file schedules\aztec32.sch.
// For every line: Left (number of players), Right (respawn time in seconds). If respawn time empty, use previous value.
// The .sch file must contain at least as many player numbers (lines) as there are player slots!
// Several logs are created in the logs\ directory: banlog, shutdown, connections, cmdlog, crashlog, udplog, blocked, dbglog1, noguilog.
// cmdlog/dbglog1 is just for testing, crash/udplog can be useful to fix crashes and blocked.txt logs blocked network attacks.
// If nogui-mode is enabled, errors are logged to noguilog.txt instead of showing message boxes.

// OPTIONS
// Don't remove any options, don't change their names. Don't remove any parameters, just change them!

// MACROS
// Macros (sequence of commands, see example macros\mapchange.txt) can be executed by ".macro Filename Time Interval Repeat" command (File extension can be omitted).
// There are four possible variations:
// .macro Filename
// .macro Filename Time
// .macro Filename Interval Repeat
// .macro Filename Time Interval Repeat
// Filename: don't use spaces. Time: local, 24h format hh:mm. Interval: seconds (1 to 86400). Repeat: count (1 to 86400 or INF (infinite)) (Repeat 1 = executed 2x in total).
// You can use any ptero or vcguard command in the macro file, line by line. There are two special commands: SLEEP X (seconds) and SILENT (don't show executed commands in console).
// Example: .macro srvmsg 60 INF (Executes the macro macros\srvmsg.txt every 60 seconds in an infinite loop).
// Example: .macro mapchange 15:00 (Executes the macro macros\mapchange.txt once at 15:00 local time).
// Use .macrolist and .macrostop to control executions.

// UPDATE 10.1
// Added new commands: addban, addrange, banrange,
// unbanrange, rangelist, clearbans, clearranges.
// (Better not ban too many ranges, you can use the
// connections log to check how common a range is)
// Some fixes.

// UPDATE 10.2
// Added country to playerlist/banlist and some logs (Download ip2nation.sql from www.ip2nation.com and put it into the Vietcong directory).
// Added "nogui"-mode to create a log (noguilog.txt) instead of showing message boxes on errors (Create an empty nogui.txt file to activate this).
// Added close prompt to avoid accidental closing.
// Added buttons to copy name/ip of selected player.
// Improved playerlist sorting/update performance.
// (No new options added here. You can use the old ini file)

// No description available for later updates, sorry

// THE FOLLOWING ARE PRESET OPTIONS WITH DESCRIPTION. YOU REALLY SHOULD CUSTOMIZE THESE TO FIT YOUR NEEDS!

title = SERVER-WINDOW-TITLE      // Server window title (not server name) to distinguish between multiple servers

// Multiline join message, begin a new line with §, leave all empty behind = to disable and show normal message.
// Works only if the normal join message is not empty, set it to 'dummy123' or something, it will be overwritten by this:

joinmsg = Your join message here § new line

queryip =                   // Probably sets the desired MASTER SERVER. In my experience this option PREVENTED THE SERVER FROM STARTING UP so I left it empty. Do change the "hosts" file instead.

// ???

chatlogopen = 1               // [on/off] Show the chatlog window on server startup.

// Possibly implemented after Peter Shannon's request here: http://www.vietcong.info/portal/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=927
bayonet = -1               // [X] (X > 0) allows bayonet usage for X minute(s) per life, 0 forbids usage of bayonet, -1 sets bayonet usage to default (unlimited).

// 11.71

freezefix2 = 1               // No info provided, possibly a fix for certain server freeze...

// 11.67

crashfix3 = 1               // No info provided, possibly a fix for certain server crash...

// 11.65

crashfix2 = 1               // No info provided, possibly a fix for certain server crash...

// 11.62

freezefix1 = 1               // No info provided, possibly a fix for certain server freeze...
crashfix1 = 1               // No info provided, possibly a fix for certain server crash...

// ???

hearableratio = -1.0         // For server voicechat, 0.0 to 10.0, -1.0 to disable/default.

// 10.5

nadesuicidepenalty = 0         // Players who let a grenade explode in their hand gain X more deaths (score). Set to 0 to disable.

// 10.4

initialcmd = .macro initial      // Execute command on server startup (in this case, macros\initial.txt)
mapchangecmd = .macro mapchg   // Execute command on map change (in this case, macros\mapchg.txt)

// 10.35

pingkick = 0 0 1             // [X Y Z] Kick if high ping X (10 to 1000) for >= Y seconds (1 to 20), Z to log to console. Set X or Y to 0 to disable.

// 10.3

nogui = 0                  // Creates a noguilog.txt for errors instead of showing error message boxes (Useful if server is rented and without GUI access).
chatlogload = 20            // Load only the most recent entries (0 to 1000, -1 to disable and load all) of chatlog.txt into the chatlog dialog.
chatloglimit = 200            // Maximum (10 - 1000, 0 to disable and show all) of lines to show in the chatlog dialog.
idlesleep = 100               // Value (10 to 100, 0 to disable) to sleep every "engine tick" if server is empty, in milliseconds. Useful to reduce load (especially AI scripts) and save energy.
voteratio = 30               // Percentage (25 to 50) of YES-votes of all players required for a successful vote. Normal is 49.
voterange = 0 0               // Minimum / Maximum (2 to 4, 7 to 15, 0 to disable) of YES-votes required for a successful vote. < minimum is no kick, >= maximum is kick, ignoring the ratio.
votelimit = 1 1               // [X Y] Not more than X votes (1 to 10) in Y minutes (1 to 5) allowed. Set X or Y to 0 to disable.
uploadblock = 59993            // Map upload block size (10240 to 59993, 0 for default which is 10240).
uploadkbsec = 10240            // Map upload kb/sec (5 to 10240, 0 for default). Not very accurate (10240 will not be 10MB). Just experiment with these values, also try with multiple downloads.

// Initial values

slots = 0                  // Variable player slots. 0 to disable, initial value otherwise (2 to 64) (Set to 64 by launcher/.ded)
nades = -1                  // Grenades per life, -1 is infinite (-1 to 100)
traps = 3                  // Traps per life (0 to 3)
claymore = 1               // Claymore (0/1)
falldmg = 0.6               // Fall-damage multiplier (0.1 to 10.0)
atgtime = 2                  // ATG mission time in minutes
idlechecks = 0 7            // [on/off X] Swap sniper/radioman after X minutes (5 to 20) of idling
ctfsched = 0               // Enable/Disable CTF schedule (also disables "CTF respawn time set to ..." response in server/client console)
schedfile =   
shutdown = 0 2 7 2            // [on/off X Y Z] Shutdown server between X and Y o'clock (hour, 0 - 23) local time if numPlayers is less than Z (1 to 64)
tklog = 1 0                  // [on/off on/off] Log teamkills to [console chatlog]

// Performance

disableparamval = 0            // Disables directplay parameter validation to improve performance
threadcount = 8               // Sets directplay workerthread count (Directplay-default is cores * 3, which may be too much. 4 should be fine)
loopsleep = 8               // Value for Sleep() in main loop in milliseconds (0 to 10). Ptero-default is 2 which may be too much. Affects server FPS. If set to 0, generates 100% load on one core but maximum FPS

// Bugfixes

initcollision = 1            // Fixes no collision for freshly joined players
nospawnaboveground = 1         // Fixes players spawning above ground at bad set spawn points
nogroundleaning = 1            // Forbids leaning when lying on ground
nomemoryleak = 0            // Fix memory leak when using full installation (requires enabled "paramvalidate")
nostuckplayers = 1            // Fix stuck players (above ladder, or if more slots than respawn points)

// Anticheat (chances increase by 1 (up to its set maximum) every minute)

noinvisibility = 1            // Detects infamous invisibility/immortality cheat which lets players walk and throw nades after death.
nomrmedicspam = 1            // Blocks a cheat spamming TKC ads.
nofastshots = 1 1000 26 2      // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y shots in X milliseconds, with Z chances left
nofastflags = 1 7000 1 2      // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y CTF flag scores in X milliseconds, with Z chances left
noplayerfreeze = 1 4000 2 0      // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y heals in X milliseconds, with Z chances left (Exploit #10)
nomassexplosions = 0 4000 2 0   // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y spawning explosions in X milliseconds, with Z chances left
nomassobjects = 1 2000 20 1      // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y spawning objects in X milliseconds, with Z chances left (Exploit #9)
nomassvoting = 1 20000 3 0      // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y votes in X milliseconds, with Z chances left

// Anticrash (new console also fixes some crashes)

paramvalidate = 1            // Validates memory of pointers passed to various functions
hidvalidate = 1               // Missing/Multiple HID, multiple "connects" (Exploits #1, #2)
joinvalidate = 1            // Invalid player/class (Exploits #3, #4, #5)
playervalidate = 1            // Spoofed player ID (Exploit #8)
objectvalidate = 0            // Invalid object ID (Exploit #6)
dplayvalidate = 1            // Fix DirectPlay exploiting (experimental)

Interestingly, some options were set to 0 by Brchi. I have no idea why, thus I left them unchanged.
Spoiler:
Download source  Code
nomemoryleak = 0            // Fix memory leak when using full installation (requires enabled "paramvalidate")
nomassexplosions = 0 4000 2 0   // [on/off X Y Z] Maximum of Y spawning explosions in X milliseconds, with Z chances left
objectvalidate = 0            // Invalid object ID (Exploit #6)

Nosek attached the following file:
dpnhpast.7z [109.1 kB, 527 Downloads]
Edited by Nosek on 02-06-2018 13:26
  x 1  x 1

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
Laufer
I have problem in Fist Alpha after installing 1.7 starter, second mission when you enter the village and talk with Lim the hunter, he's not opening his mouth. Put back again 1.65.1 VCStarter.dll file and animation for his mouth works normally. Can we expect this to be fixed in 1.7?

Thanks!

Confused Master
Laufer wrote:
I have problem in Fist Alpha after installing 1.7 starter, second mission when you enter the village and talk with Lim the hunter, he's not opening his mouth. Put back again 1.65.1 VCStarter.dll file and animation for his mouth works normally. Can we expect this to be fixed in 1.7?

Thanks!

Hey mate,

I might be mistaken, but as far as I know there is nobody working on a new version of the VCStarter.

Thanks anyways for reporting this bug.

Cheers,
Confused Master

http://www.teamplay-community.de
alleahmarcina30
great

GTO42
I wish ultrawide for vietcong. It work only in vcstarter 1.65.1, but with fps drop.

RasoGOVI
Hello everyone! I would like to know if there is any link towards Vietcong Fist Alpha directplay. Thanks!

Intruder
Hi,

Usually, Google is our "best friend" when searching for "such a topic". It may take a little time to find a site you can trust but I'm sure you will find some...
Good search! Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Jump to Forum: