Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Auto admin + player stats
The ACE
I saw in the shoutbox Doomed message:

doomed

26/08/2015 21:04

hm...would help if people would actually join the servers and not only look at the server lists & website.

Maybe ad like vietcong.tk also a auto admin and player statistieks here in vietcong.info.
- Autoadmin for cheaters, rambo's, rejoining, add time, 60% rrules ....etc
- playerstats

Maybe its helps for more fun.
Edited by The ACE on 28-08-2015 12:59

http://theace.favos.nl/
KostiCZ
The ACE: if you have the AA script, why you didn't share it with us earlier? Send it to me with instructions how to install it and I will do it...
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Kpt Haddock
Ah please. The auto admin and the nominating system as run on Vietcong.tk's coop server is a catastrophy for coop. I am glad that there's a game fior everyone, and that servers are so diverse that everyone can have fun.
The game is not played at Vietcong.tk as a team effort. It's played as ramboing for most frags. Nobody cares about anything but themselves. There is no teamleader, there is no plan but brainless ego-runs after better personal ranking... and when it comes to changing maps.... what's wrong with the voting system already avaiable in the game.

Please Kosti, no auto-admin please.... The game is grand because it forces people to communicate... we don't need a macine to tell us about decency, we want to raise soldiers with a heart for the team and the perfect mission.... no rambo-shit-ego-killing- spree in the faces of kind and social gamers faces... Thank you.
  x 1  x 4

The ACE
KostiCZ wrote:
The ACE: if you have the AA script, why you didn't share it with us earlier? Send it to me with instructions how to install it and I will do it...

@Kost, I don't have it, it is a secret from mb and he would never share.
@Haddock: youre right at the frag hunters for ranks but an AA for prevent rejoining, time added and so would be nice.

Note, if you got the right m8s for team coop playing then is vietcong still the perfect game.

Lerner
Kpt Haddock wrote:
Please Kosti, no auto-admin please.... The game is grand because it forces people to communicate... we don't need a macine to tell us about decency, we want to raise soldiers with a heart for the team and the perfect mission.... no rambo-shit-ego-killing- spree in the faces of kind and social gamers faces... Thank you.

Beating a dead horse Haddock? Last time I joined you ingame about a month ago you just left. And be honest to yourself.. when have you ever raised any soldier with a heart for teamplay? Not trying to be rude or hostile, but some things are just BS. Besides how many active admins are there on coop..?
SignatureGet some! Go suck uncle Ho his water buffalo and get some more.

Kpt Haddock
I would say that we are at least three or four active admins on the Vietcong.Info COOP-servers on a regular everyday basis. As you can see during the weekdays there is activities going on every evening. There we actively try to make people joining understand, that the aspect of the game called COOP with us are played as a team effort with the aim of no casualties.
"Beating a dead horse"... not really. Even though narcissism (and that is something else than Nazism) and lack of both empathy and solidarity is high fashion amongst the majority, - humanity, comradeship and socially acceptable behaviour will never go out of style.

I don't remember playing with you last month, I am sorry. Maybe you forgot to say hello or joined with another name. Maybe you ramboed and yelled in Czech that "this game is Czech, and fuck you all foreigners for playing our game." Maybe you forgot to join team-speak to take part in the conversation and tactics there. Maybe you rejoined 200 times with a new profile name, finding it amusing to disturb peaceful people enjoying each others company... I know, I know Lerner that you wouldn't do that. But your post here seem without any other purpose than questioning my and others right to play Vietcong following rules that we are mutually agreeing on.

One of the most common admin sentences replying to social unacceptable behaviour on the servers are: REMEMBER YOU JOINED US, WE DIDN'T JOIN YOU. It's rather fantastic, that Vietcong.Info servers are so many and diverse, that means that you can go and play different games with peers who share your specific ideas. Now also Plissken has set up a server with all that is needed for the players who wants to play for recognition of killing as many as possible. And peace be with that. I congratulate Plissken and all the players there for being able to enjoy themselves.

But when the European day turns into night/evening and the feverish frag hunting is put to bed, we often play with players who come from that server, and play a good old fashion COOP game with them. Just yesterday, the server was full, and we had a team going with players of age from 16 to 48. Not bad at all. We speak English together, since that is a great platform for mutual understanding in an international gathering.

Our insisting on teamleader, plans and sticking together and looking out for each other is what we enjoy - that is not bullshit at all! That is the joy of our evenings in VC. It could be more and better, a lot more people should join with a "for the team-responsible" attitude. Using five minutes before every mission starts to instruct noobs and to get rid of ramboes and teamkillers, AND TO WAIT FOR DOWNLOADERS - that is a quest of raising sense in the soldiers heart. Very realistic and a god damn tough job - in a world of hot air. I'd say that we succeed and have great missions every week.

Thank you Lerner for joining our little chat here with a constructive point of view.
Edited by Kpt Haddock on 05-09-2015 11:01

Lerner
Kpt Haddock wrote:...

Joined you as Roach, hardly use the name Lerner any more. Since xfire went tits up I hardly played vietcong anyway and I also hardly played on friday or saturday eve/nights, got enough obligations already. Since the ingame voice chat of vc is the most realistic ever in a game(if good ping) I don't see why anyone would use teamspeak or ventrilo. Next I'm not a Nazi since I'm not 90+ and I'm not a frag hunter, never was(like you probably I know where the vc is on maps I played a lot or like). Never got banned anywhere, not even on the 6th. Wink
Also I never joined a server to say to the ppl there how f'ing good I am compared to them(Wink) and I hardly would call playing on closed servers being open to new players or social or whatever stick you wanna beat your dead horse with.
Don't even know why you insist on explaining what coop means, I still report visual contacts(!) and confirmed kills(+) as I always did and still go slow to obtain formation, I just play much less.

And now to go back to the POINT, whenever the 3 or 4 active admins you talk of are not online, aa is usefull, don't care for frags eighter myself. Can't talk about what you did the last year, since I don't play a lot(it's a dead game) but don't say that you invested a lot of time in FNG's, that's just a lie.

dim
Ah Lerner, not trying to be rude or hostile you say, but you tell Haddock he is full of BS and lies and doesn't try whatsoever to encourage a team game with new players, that comes off as bloody rude to me. I am one of the other active admins who spend time daily on the (open, not closed) servers and we definitely do plenty of troop training and organizing, which people still seem to enjoy as they keep coming back for some good coop games. Just because the one time you joined this poor old dead game in a year and Haddock didn't say/do anything instructive (a person CAN get quite tired of non-stop ramboism and poor quality social behaviour in general), I don't think that gives you the right to chew his ass. For an old game there are still plenty of people coming back to it, and always new people joining, so if you aren't interested in it, please don't criticize others for trying, and we do try.
As to the original point about AA, there is supposed to be a vote for newmap/reestart function available on the servers but it doesn't seem to work correctly right now, if it did it would eliminate the need for any other AA and just let the players vote to change, restart, or not and solve the problem imo

Lerner
dim wrote:...

Hey Dim, how's Canada? About time you made it here and became admin...
Well pretty nice that the admins play on open servers these days.. otherwise I could not have joined Haddock. Anyways.. didn't say everything he said is BS or a lie, just some points.. not gonna waste anymore words on the conversation-part.. Haddock probably is the most experianced teamplayer around anyway, but that don't mean I agree with everything he sais.
Voting yes nice but an aa would be nice as well, personally prefer it more. 60% rule, autorestart, tk-kick,..
Btw been an admin long enough(in better vc days) to know that it is not a fun job, also a point in favour of an aa to assist. And I also play more then one day a year, but I don't take the time anymore to play a game with good teamplayers dwelling around(practically on their own) like I used to visit you. Keep it up Dim!

dim
Well I'm not sure what to say, yeah AA might be nice to have but it's apparent from this and prior posts that it is neither readily available nor easy to reproduce or it would probably be in place already.
My issue with your comments is that it feels like you are knocking us for trying to keep one of the better ways to play this game alive and I'm not sure why? You yourself know that when you have a good group of players together there is a total immersion that can happen that makes this game like very few others, so that's why I and others commit our time to it.

Lerner
Well Dim, my post specifically implies to the part of haddock that I quoted, if you don't want to communicate or work as a team the admins will probably ignore or kick. Admins set the standard, aa does not do that, it helps those who are no admin. I'm pretty sure the admins do what they can but can't do it 24/7 anyway.
Haddock his (way to long) reply just pissed me off.
Haddock himself said Plisskin is running some sort of aa and with the smart heads this forum has/had I doubt that it would be impossible.
Let's just leave it with I'm pro-aa, cause this conversation is dragging on to long.
Have fun Dim and keep up the good work.

DSOP-Apache
LoL yous like to keep up this AA topic for sure Smile .

Its like the other AA thing the anon alcy';s if you cant do the job then you might need it lol.

Very good admins here , Way better than any crappy aa script .

Greets
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Lerner
DSOP-Apache wrote:
LoL yous like to keep up this AA topic for sure Smile .

Its like the other AA thing the anon alcy';s if you cant do the job then you might need it lol.

Very good admins here , Way better than any crappy aa script .

Greets

I'm sorry, should I know you? Have I ever played with you? Seen JerK playing a few times on the server lately, remember his name.. hope the admins receive him well.
Now stop giving me a reason to waste text here.

Cheers.

The ACE
Jerk back!! OMG, we are doomed! Shock

JerK
The ACE wrote:
Jerk back!! OMG, we are doomed! Shock

Holidays are over ladies!!! Shock

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
I know you Smile well your name and where you came from and where you played .
Does not say i cant reply to a post because you dont know me i guess .the reason you did not play with me just say's iam not hanging out with just anyone online Smile ...
just wanted to say many years without that AA crap the community did ok i guess .
The ones that used this are long gone and buried Smile

Gr
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 19-09-2015 12:16
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

KostiCZ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, I think I should make thick line after all this. Hosting VC servers for several years, I spent a lot of time with servers, I invested a lot of money to new PCs and energy (something between 1-2 thousands of Euros). Now I'm owner of server for Day-Z server (just for info hosted by company in US-Dallas) so I don't have time to develop things like Auto Admin. Also I think my programming skills are not enough to do it as it was at TMG/6th sense/Pixelhunters.

So if anybody feel that he can do things better, he has chance now. I can give him all my server files/scripts and he can host servers instead of me, also it is up to him if he will install some kind of AA script.
Edited by KostiCZ on 19-09-2015 18:37

x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
SGT PEPPER
@KostiCZ....It is hard to find a host in the US which will still run Vietcong, would you mind telling me the company you use?

KostiCZ
I spoke about Arma 2 hosting at Dallas, it is GTX Gaming and they don't host VC.

Vietcong servers are hosted by me, not by external company.

Teamrespawn.cz
KostiCZ
Hmmm, I see that nobody wants to take over responsibility to host VC servers... Frown

Teamrespawn.cz
Jump to Forum: